History of Ramer School
The first Ramer school building was built in 1916 on its present location. It was the first high school outside an incorporated town in McNairy County. In 1936, a fire partially burned the building. A much larger building was built and completed in 1938. From 1938-1969, this is the building that all RHS graduates remember. The school graduated 1,109 young people in its 52 years. From 1969-present, the school services grades PK4-8th grade. New buildings and classrooms have been built through the years as well as a new gymnasium. Many former Ramer students have taught and now teach and work at Ramer. We can't talk about Ramer School's past without mentioning Mr. L. G. Vaughn, also known as "Cap". He was the beloved principal of Ramer School from 1927 until his death in 1967. The present gymnasium is named the L. G. Vaughn Memorial Gymnasium.